-->

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Google Announces Encrypted Connection To Blogspot Sites For Free

Google has moved a step further in making their Blogger Blogspot users happy. I've read a lot of post from top authority sites claiming that you can secure your Blogspot site's encryption for free before now, Anyway, that is a big Lie!

Earlier in April 2016, Google sent me a notification about the free encryption of Blogspot sites over HTTPS.

Finally, Google has decided to make the HTTPS feature free for all Blogspot domains, And guess what? It is absolutely free.

But if at all you are doubting me or think that I am just trying to tease my blog readers, Okay then, I have a prove, below is the screen shot from the notification.

 This is what the notification stated: "All visitors will be able to view your Blogspot domains over an encrypted connection by visiting https://.blogspot.com. Existing links and bookmarks to your blogs will continue to work. As part of this change, the HTTPS Availability setting will disappear, and your blogs will always have an HTTPS version".

I thought writing it out will be more understandable for those viewing this post on small mobile devices. Well, there you go!, Hey! don't go yet, I still have one more prove to this if you still don't agree with me.

This was how my blog was been viewed by visitors before Google made it free and accessible or before I enabled the HTTPS feature on my blog. Anyway, that was then but now, my blog loads the HTTPS version quicker than before.
NOTE: The HTTPS version of your blog will not be available unless if you have enabled it on your blog.

So this is how my blog will be viewed from today (6th of April 2016) till when Google decides to shut down the offer. The green Padlock just beside my blog's domain represents HTTPS. So, what are you waiting for? Take advantage of this offer before anything unexpected happens.

How to turn on the HTTPS version on your blog

Turning on the HTTPS version on your blog is quick, easy and only takes a minute. Because this service has just been introduced, you will have to enable the HTTPS version on your blog yourself, but after some time all Blogspot domains will have the HTTPS connection automatically.

Login to your Blogger Dashboard >> Move on to settings - Basic settings >> Navigate to the HTTPS availability on your Basic settings, Click on it and select yes.

After selecting yes, it reloads and the HTTPS availability option becomes Yes, If you want to view the changes yourself, then view your blog to see it encrypted.

Hope it worked for you, thanks for reading bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimers:

1. Please avoid the use of offensive or sexually related words in compliance with our Privacy Policy page.

2. Comments above are that of comment writers alone and does not reflect to that of Ebube Udeh or its writers

3. Read our Privacy Policy page before commenting.

5. Avoid SPAM comments.

Hey Niga!, Subscribe Now!

* indicates required

Like my Facebook page

Select Language

StatCounter

View My Stats

Popular Posts